AIN’T NO FORTUNATE SON: John Fogerty, Tower Theater, Last Night
1. It is estimated that John Fogerty owns half of all the baby blue plaid cowboy shirts in the known world. That is a lot.
2. John Fogerty sings like an old bullfrog under a swampy moon waiting to be kissed. You can hear the fireflies.
3. John Fogerty plays guitar like lightning striking a train trestle on a mountain pass. Right before the thunder clap.
4. John Fogerty has written at least seven songs that reside on the very highest floors of the Tower of American Song.
5. The song “Don’t You Wish It Was True” from his swell new album, Revival, makes me smile like nothing has since the Tooth Fairy.
[Photo & text by JONATHAN VALANIA]