BY WILLIAM C. HENRY This just in: Betsy DeVos, in what is arguably the most unconscionable and cartoonishly evil proposed budget cut from this satanic administration, wants to cut the 18 MILLION dollar$ from her Department of Education budget earmarked for the 2020 Special Olympics. As Betsy so DeVosly stated it: “We had to make some difficult decisions.” She goes on to say that funding for the Special Olympics should come from private philanthropy. Capital idea! If DeVos sold just ONE of her 10 yachts — or if Trump personally covered the cost of just SIX of his golf+unlimited buffet trips to Mar-A-Lago instead of handing the bill to the American taxpayer — it would more than cover the $18 million in Special Olympics funding they want to slash. And this is just a warm up, folks.
Let’s get something straight right up front: When speaking about the portion of Trump’s 2020 budget proposal to be allotted for “defense,” we’re really talking about the funds he’s requesting to maintain and expand America’s “firepower.” Euphemisms in Washington are as easy to come by as ass covers. Anyway, whichever way you spin it, it’s an obscene $720 BILLION+ that Trump proposes to spend on military salaries, weaponry, bombs, missiles, ships, planes and 800+ bases around the world (in contrast, France, Great Britain and Russia COMBINED maintain about 30). And, if that hasn’t totally floated your boat, keep in mind that that figure does NOT include the 10s of billion$ in HIDDEN funds that are annually set aside and secretly consumed by such entities as the CIA and NSA (and at least 15 other federal intelligence agencies most of which you’ve probably never even heard of) all of which means, comparatively speaking, that Trump wants to spend about 3 TIMES as much as China does on its military, and about 10 TIMES as much as Russia does or, to be more precise, about as much as the next 13 countries COMBINED do on THEIR firepower! So, with all of this in mind, I thought I might take the opportunity to highlight just how fatally–and factually–this heinous absurdity will affect real “life and death” matters in America, you know, real matters–not Trump’s interminably fake crap–that actually do matter to the lives and DEATHS of so many ordinary, everyday Americans like you and me:
1. Underfunding the FAA: FAA’s failure/inability to carry out its mandate should be deemed nothing short of foreseeable murder. Currently 346 dead and counting. Those aren’t bombers you’re flying in, folks!
2. Gutting the EPA: What’s wrong with exposing 324 million Americans to polluted air and poisoned water over here so long as we’ve got sufficient means to blow everyone else to hell over there? How do you take your coal, Donnie?!
3. Who needs a State Department anyway? When you’re a white nationalist kind of president why WOULDN’T you want to cut yourself out of world affairs, especially the Central American kind? Heh, heh. After all, what’s a 24% reduction among racists? No “boots on the ground” down there to report on WHY they want to come here; a great big “beautiful” OVERFUNDED wall to keep them out if they try to get in. What the hell, “outa sight, outa mind.” The Donald’s entire immigration scam all wound up in a perfect dung beetle’s ball. So simplistic, so altogether Trump.
4. American healthcare: What’s wrong with a President willing to destroy yours while making sure to keep the SOCIALIZED Walter Reed National “Military” Medical Center open to provide for his own? Absolutely EVERYTHING.
5. And, oh how interesting it is to see that this America-should-be-scared-to-
So, why is it that this euphemistically referred to as “president” seemingly feels compelled to continually display his immaturity, his bias, his incompetence, his utter hypocrisy, his prevarication, his pettiness, his deceit, his pervading it’s-always-been-and-always-
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Fed up later stage septuagenarian who has actually been most of there and done most of that. Born and raised in the picturesque Pocono Mountains. Quite well educated. Very lucky to have been born into a well-schooled and somewhat prosperous family. Long divorced. One beautiful, brilliant daughter. Two far above average grandsons. Semi-retired (how does anyone manage to do it completely these days?) and fully-tired of bullshit. Uncle of the Editor-In-Chief.