5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT TEGAN & SARA AT THE C.B.A.C.
1. The Commerce Bank Arts Center is actually a really rich-looking high school with a fancy auditorium in Sewell, New Jersey — run entirely by soccer moms who have trouble calculating seat numbers with their rows.
2. Tegan and Sara do not really have the same hair cut and even though they are lesbians identical twins, they don’t really look that lesbian alike, or for that matter, like they are trying to look lesbian alike. And while we’re still on hair, if you are not a cool-hair chick, you probably would’ve felt out of place in the crowd.
3. If you were there, you would’ve walked away a thousand times more knowledgeable in the art of storytelling, because after each song there was a 10-minute interval where one of the sisters would tell a story about the other sister, or about getting made fun of in high school, or getting made fun of in Philadelphia by high school kids, or maybe about how excited Americans get about Thanksgiving. The are from Canada and they just don’t get it.
4. Tegan and Sara are much more lesbian interesting with a backing band than without.
5. After turning around and backtracking at least nine times on Rt. 130, I still hate New Jersey.
TEXT BY COLLEEN REESE