BREAKING: DJ AM Death Ruled Accidental Overdose

dj_am_1.jpgMTV: One month after DJ AM was found dead in his New York apartment, the city’s medical examiner has announced a cause of death in the case. After a battery of toxicology tests, the New York City medical examiner’s office has determined that AM’s accidental death was caused by acute intoxication brought on by a cocktail of prescription drugs and cocaine, a spokesperson from the office confirmed. The toxicology report released on Tuesday says that the 36-year-old celebrity DJ (born Adam Goldstein) had cocaine; painkillers OxyContin and Vicodin; anti-anxiety meds Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax; antihistamine Benadryl and Levamisole (a drug used to cut cocaine) in his system when he was found dead on August 28. MORE

PREVIOUSLY: Nearly a third of all cocaine seized in the United States is laced with a dangerous veterinary medicine — a livestock de-worming drug that might enhance cocaine’s effects but has been blamed in at least three deaths and scores of serious illnesses. The medication called levamisole has killed at least three people in the U.S. and Canada and sickened more than 100 others. It can be used in humans to treat colorectal cancer, but it severely weakens the body’s immune system, leaving patients vulnerable to fatal infections. MORE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *