Just stumbled upon this on UWISHUNU, which, it is no secret, is “created and fully moderated by the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation.” When the city’s marketers are using MIA as tourist-bait, truly a “new day” has dawned in Philadelphia.
Update: The VIP package is SOLD OUT!
Sri Lankan-British rapper/singer/songwriter Mathangi “Maya” Arulpragasam, better known as MIA, is coming to Philadelphia’s Electric Factory on Saturday, December 1 to support her new album, Kala. It’s sure to be an amazing show and we’re proud to be able to offer a
sweet bundle of goodies to help you max out your MIA experience. Here’s what you get:
- 2 tickets to see MIA at the Electric Factory
- 1 hotel room at the Loews at 1200 Market Street for Saturday night, 12/1/2007
- Shuttle Transportation to and from the show
- Access to the exclusive VIP deck at the Electric Factory
- Guestlist to the hot after-party held at Transit
Special Package Price: $189