1. At one point the band was considering calling themselves Severe
Confection, which then ended up being the title of a piece they play,
written by Dustin Hurt, who originally titled it “Fried Jello.” “We
changed the title cause that name is dumb” said Eli.
2. Normal Love’s got two 1/2 Puerto Ricans, one half Jew, and two full
Jews. “That makes us decidedly more Jew then Rican”, says Evan, “but
we’re still fully down to represent as ‘Jew Rican‘: all respects to
3. Eli likes to play the drums with his shirt off and has been told by
more than one person that he’s the first person they’ve ever seen
reading sheet music while shirtless.
4. Some people think that Amnon bears a striking resemblance to Lou Ferigno.
5. According to Amnon, one member of Normal Love definitely peed in a guest bed in his parent’s house during a stop in Pittsburgh this August on the band’s first tour. He won’t say who.
[As told to NICOLE SANTIAGO]